Thursday, February 19, 2015

Still kicking myself

I should be spending this time telling you about the coyote hunt I was on yesterday, and showing you the pic of the yote that I shot. Instead I have to tell you about the missed yote I shot at.
It was going to be pretty chilly yesterday so I of course decided to go coyote hunting. Midday found me walking into my 5th or 6th stand, when a coyote stepped out from behind the corn row @ 50 yards. I stopped, shouldered the rifle, took the safety off, fired and ..... saw the snow kick up in front of the coyote. That's right I whiffed on a 50 yard chip shot at a broadside coyote.
Of course since this happened midday I have been replaying it in my head ever since. And it will probably stick with me until I have a chance to put some fur down next week. Hopefully if I get another chance I'll be able to seal the deal instead of reliving the ghosts of misses past. Why is it I can't remember what I went to the Walmart for, but I can't shake the memory of this to save my life?
Anyway going to get on the best I can and look for next week to give me a stack of better memories.

No comments: