Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Gooses

Last Thursday I went back to the same field I had gone to in the previous post and again I got 2 geese. I shot horribly again, I put one goose down on an overhead passing shot and that goose made it all the way to the river. I'll put the video in here so you can see what I went through for this goose.

 Rest assured I did retrieve that goose, it stayed exactly where he died.
Yesterday I got an invite from Jay to hit a field that he has. The catch was it was sight unseen, so he didn't have any idea if geese were using the field or not. Well we got there and set up the whole spread, while we were waiting for the geese we had a very lonely one come in from behind us to the right Jay made quick work of him. One shot one kill.
As the day wore on it became very apparent to us that the geese that were flying were landing 300 yards away from where we were. So after careful consideration we decided to make the walk to where we would at least get some passing shots. Well after the fist shots rang out (three geese down) the ducks and geese just exploded from where they were hanging out at. After 10 minutes we had all shot our limits and started to gather up the geese. Then we had to make the trek back to where the trucks were, drop off the geese and pick up the entire spread. It took quite a while and was ALOT of work but it was all worth it, had a great time.
Thanks Jay.
Pete, Jay, and me

No comments: