Thursday, February 5, 2015

Snowy River Limit

Well with everything froze up except the river I packed in 6 decoys and decided to give 'er a try. I got down to the river and busted out 75-100 geese @ 8am, I didn't fire a shot. If you just bust 'em out and not shoot at them they'll filter back through the day.
Well I got set up and shot one out of a flock of 5, dropped him on the other side of the river. A small chase ensued but he ended up back at my blind.
I had another chance at noon when 50 or so geese wanted back in. I was not sure if they were actually going to land so when I thought they were close enough I let loose. Bad news..... they weren't close enough.
So I waited through the snow storm, which was a complete white out at times. Finally around 3 I had some more geese moving through and I was able to peel off 2 and bring them in. Three shots later I had both geese on the ground. That's my limit, so I gather my frozen snow covered gear packed it back to the truck and headed to the house.

No comments: