Thursday, February 12, 2015

Today was my last day of waterfowl for the year

So I went out on the advice of the weatherman who predicted clouds, cold and windy. Well the latter was true but the important part of the equation was way wrong. The clouds parted on the way to my spot this morning and I thought I might be in for a long sit with nothing flying. That's pretty much what happened with the exception of 1 flock that didn't want to come anywhere near me.
So it's a pretty good thing that I went out pass shooting yesterday morning. I didn't get limit but I did get 2, the birds were in the air all day and I could've stayed for that last one but I had to get some stuff at home done.
For the next couple of weeks I can focus on coyotes and fox while I do my turkey scouting. Then before you know it, March is here and all hunting comes to an end.  : (
But don't be too sad for me, fishing season is right around the corner. : )

No comments: