Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Well it happened again

I got out yesterday for a duck/goose hunt. Unfortunately someone forgot to tell the ducks and geese.........or maybe someone did??? Not a whole lot flying yesterday, only had 1 shot at a highflyer. All the ducks and geese around here are really stale. The majority of the resident flock is staying in town, and not venturing too far. No cold weather means no new waterfowl. Coulda shot a couple divers but decided to give em a pass.
Here's the pic.


The second half of the day was spent on a hope and a prayer coon hunt. I knew the moon was going to be full (bad for me) and the winds would be gusty (also bad for me).I went down to some public property to try for some coon. Only saw one set of eye's, by the time I figured out it was a coon and not a possum. He figured out I was trouble and vacated. So with the wind gusting more and more, and the moon getting brighter and brighter I gave up and went home after only 4 hours. I sure hope we get some cooler weather sooon.

No comments: