Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Today I slept

I couldn't sleep at 12:30 am, so I got up had breakfast and coffee. I went to lay down at 2:30 am, got up at 2:40, still couldn't sleep. Went downstairs and watched some tv. Finally around 5:30 am it was time to get ready to go. So I packed up my gear and headed for the goose field. I got to the field in plenty of time to set up my dekes and layout blind. Around 11:30 the clouds cleared off and the sun came out. That is bad news for a cold weather goose hunter. If the geese haven't flown by the time the clouds clear and the sun comes out chances are they they won't fly 'til late. I closed my eyes around noon and hunted with my ears. I woke up at 1:30 and came to the conclusion that it's just not going to happen today, so I packed up my gear and headed for the house. I only had 5 flocks of migrators fly near enough to see my spread throughout the day. Apparently they had somewhere else to be and a schedule to keep. I called to beg them to come down for a visit, but they're wings never even skipped a beat So..... no pics, no geese to clean, nothing to do but dream about tomorrow's hunt.

No comments: