Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

Well I hope this finds everyone lazing around and content after the Christmas holiday. The bad news is for the first time in as long as I can remember.I didn't get to go goose hunting Christmas day. The wind was very bad and we had rain all day long. I hate hunting in the rain.
So I ended up just lazing around with my wife, we watched some movies and did some cleaning, sad isn't it? Anyway last Wed I went out with weed again to my property it was the fourth time I've shot it and the birds knew it. They really weren't skiddish and flaring but they knew something was up. We finally had a flock work pretty good, until they got into within 45 yrds. Then they just kinda lifted, we were able to bring one down. Most of the birds made a B-line to a field about a mile from us, so after the hunt I went down and got permission to hunt it. I was going to hunt it Christmas day, but we've already been over that. I'll save it for Tues or Wed when I'm off. This day shift I've been on, is really screwing up my hunting.
Now just keep in mind that this next picture, for all intensive purposes was a joke. No matter how well it worked, and it worked well. Since I've been field hunting the one problem I've had is, the birds are having to come from behind me to get to my spread. I have been going home with a sore and stiff neck from cranking it around to see if birds are moving. My solution is "the goose view mirror". It really worked good, I just placed it so I could see behind me where the birds usually get up from. Anyway if your done laughing (I'll wait for you to wipe the tears)....... Here's the pic.

Now who's the problem solver?

No comments: