Wednesday, November 25, 2009

2nd field hunt

Well it wasn't a barn burner, but we had a good time. I got weed away from work long enough to shoot a couple geese and a mallard. I will say that it rained for a short time (I hate hunting in the rain) and right after it stopped the greenheads blazed in. That's all I'm going to say about that. The geese flew a little late cause of the fog and just acted hinky all day. We finally had a couple groups work OK and culled a couple out of the flocks. We should've each had our limit but we can't seem to shoot at differ geese.












Just a pic of part of the spread



Some of us (weed) got to sleep all day while the guide (me) kept a vigil watch. Ready to wake him with "get ready" at a moments notice.







Weed had to leave early "for a meeting".

I stayed til sunset and only saw a couple flocks of qwackers but didn't improve my body count.All in all we had a great hunt. Man are those field hunts alot of work, but the layout blinds are so very comfortable.

Maybe when I get a guide I can trust to stay awake, I'll try sleepin.
Naw it's kinda like drivin', so very tired behind the wheel and wide awake in the passenger's seat.

Oh well, until next week take care.
Things to be Thankful for: landowners that allow hunting. Thanks Tom

No comments: