Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Same result

I went out duck hunting yesterday saw some ducks, even had some good shots. However like the title says.......
I could've gotten up, went outside beat my head on a tree 4 or 5 x's, came back inside grabbed 20 bucks off the counter, flushed it down the crapper and gone back to bed. That's how productive I was, not only with my shooting. Which was deplorable, but the wind didn't help at all either. It was supposed to come out of the NW all day, so I went to my NW spot and low and behold it was out of the W,SW all morning. Somewhere around noon it switched to WNW so I had to move my spread 3 x's. Trying to make the best out of the wind direction. Man what a pain in the axx. Anyway I didn't even shoot well enough to loose a feather on a duck. I would shoot, then lower and shake my head in shame. That's all I could do, it was terrible.
I'm home now because the weather was spose to be rainy all day. Again I must say I wish I had become a meteorologist. It's the only gig you can be wrong at every single day and still keep your job. Yep you guessed it it's partly sunny with no rain. So here I sit updating my blog instead of hunting. Yeah, yeah, I know I should've gone no matter what, point taken I'm not taking any chances next time. I'm just going to go and if the weather turns bad, so be it.
I got some video of some goosers that kept me company. The first couple actually swam in from....I'm not sure. I only saw them when they got within 40 yrds. Anyway the larger of the two was double cluckin' as they swam in. When they got to within 30 yrds of the decoys they flew right at them, and actually chested one of my decoys. I had never seen that before, unfortunately I didn't get the video rolling until after, but they're still pretty cool. The single came in and stayed for 1 decoy move, geese and all. He finally left after hangin' out by the dekes for over an hour, after a small flock flew by and asked him to join them.

Goose season opens on Sat, if anything will salvage a bad duck hunt it's a flock of geese workin' in.

No comments: