Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Lake

I called weed up and asked if he wanted to go duck hunting today. When he asked where, I told him the name of the lake, followed by "it's my first time there". So not knowing what kinda birds to expect, if any, he agreed. We met up in the dark hours and went over to the lake and set up. I knew where we were going to set up from fishing it, so that wasn't the hard part. The hard part was paying attention watching for birds. It wasn't hot and heavy as they say, it was more like cold and light. We did have one group of mallards work in really well. Actually they worked in a little too well. We didn't see them until they were cupped and dropping in, we only had to wait seconds before the shot. Then when we "took 'em" I just slung steel, three misses. Weed on the other hand only had 2 misses he was able to make the last one count.


I told my wife this story and her response was "what's wrong with you?" I guess I've even been missing too many for her too.


Oh well, had a good time and the day was perfect, just a little warm.

No comments: