However before I get into what happened this week, I forgot to put this in last week. After I got back from Erie I still wanted to catch a fish so I got ahold of Cliff and asked if he wanted to bring the kids up and kayak the lake while fishing. He said he did and made it up the next day.
We were on the lake for at least 5 hours, I caught a fish right away then nothing the rest of the day.
The kids had a great time casting a little bit, paddling and just playing in the water.... it was a good day.
Now onto this week....
I got up at 2am to get ready and out by 3ish, Cliff answered the call to go this week. I didn't even have to send out a mass text to find a reason to run 3 more rods. We got loaded up and headed out a little after 3am and that put us there at a good time. We got the boat set up and launched, I headed out to start just South of Green island, even though we noticed the water was pretty dirty. We trolled North past rattlesnake and headed West across the basin..... oh yeah the weather? Well the weather had 1' waves with a chance of rain from 9 to 11.... this is how it looked.
Back to the story- We hit a very large goo, a short and our first keeper on the troll West. Keep in mind we were around noon by this time. We got to the "corner" of how far I was willing to go West and headed South. We picked up a couple more shorts, a white bass and a decent perch, and one keeper. When we go to that "corner" I pointed the boat East and started trolling for the gap between South Bass and Catawba Island. That's when our luck started to change. We started hitting pods of walleye and were able to pull out 1-3 per pod. Now we started to fill the cooler, when we got to the West side of Green we turned around and headed back, still picking up fish. We did this 3 or 4 times and before too long we were only 4 fish from a limit. We were on the far West side and we decided to make one more pass hook around Green and head in still on the troll until we got into 26 fow before throwing in the towel.
Well that's what "we" agreed to, I on the other hand decided to make one more loop before Green to try and limit. We managed a couple more then started the troll in towards the landing. On the way we finally hit out 11th and 12th fish. So we broke the boat down and headed for the launch. We got the boat pulled out and ready to roll, took our pics before it got dark. Then we headed over to Mazuriks to clean them, they put a nice fish cleaning station in a couple years ago, and I knew I wouldn't feel like cleaning fish after driving all the way home. It isn't that far and it didn't really take that long.... the skeeters were bad.
Once the fish were cleaned and put in the cooler we pointed the truck West and headed home. Not sure what time we got home but I got the boat in the garage gave Cliff his fish, took the rest of the gear inside, sat down and my alarm went off again.....2am.




.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment