As much as I didn't want to I ended up at Erie again this week. Once again the weathermen lied to me. It was supposed to be >1 ft waves all day and when I got out it was just a little more. Before I left at noon thirty they were hitting 1- 3 with caps.... which kinda sucked and what made it worse was all the grass in the water. I had 2 fish in the box and was getting tired of getting tossed around so I called in and started packing up. I was shut down and had my secondary net resting on the cooler up front and the handle between my seats. A large 🛥 went by and threw me into a wake I was ready for.... my net was not. It fell into the lake and sunk ever so slowly 😫. Fortunately it was my secondary net and not my good one, but still....🤬.
After I gave Poseidon my net, I had the boat ready to roll, and started to the launch. The waves were choppy so I was going kinda slow as to not beat my boat up. I always keep an eye on my kicker when I'm under power so it doesn't flop over, I like it standing straight up. Well, it flopped so I slowed and put it back where it should be. The next time I checked it, the prop was dragging in the water, so I slowed and fixed it again. I haven't ever had it pop out and drop down so that was kinda unsettling. I see people run with their kickers down but I don't like to.
So anyway I got back to the dock, loaded up and headed West.
Not a terrible day, but the last day this year I'll spend on Erie. From here on out it's hunting or Lake Michigan.

No comments:
Post a Comment