After my last trip to Erie I swore it was my last this year. I followed through on that this week and made my way to Holland, MI. for my first trip on Lake Michigan.
We got a really late start because of getting kids on the bus, but I really wasn't too concerned. With the moon being full they kings seem to chew all night and will kinda start again late 🌄. We got to the launch about 10ish set up the boat, launched and headed out to the lake..... which was slicked out and gorgeous. We were going to start around 8o's but ran to around 100 fow to set rods and start the troll.
Once we got the 6 rods set it really wasn't too long before we had our first hook up. We caught and landed a decent steelhead to start the day.
It wasn't too long before we had the second fish on which also turned out to be a steelhead.
As you can see that one was... well, "special" not only was his face deformed but he only had half a tail. I realized now that I should've gotten a better picture.
Anyway after that fish we had a lull where I did the usual by changing lures, speed, and direction to no avail. We did have a couple drive by's, before our last fish hit. I grabbed the rod and reeled in a nice Coho he's the fish in the left.
That was our last fish for the day.
![]() |
| Moonrise |
![]() |
| Me taking a pic of Cliff taking a pic of the sunset. |
We did troll 'til dark and we were going to troll into the first hour or so in the dark, but my lights wouldn't work so that put the kibosh on that. We broke the boat down pointed the headlights I brought to the front and headed in.
After cleaning the fish I got in the house around 2am, yep another long fun day, but really good start for my salmon season.
We went 3 for 5 and got a real good idea for next week. 👍






No comments:
Post a Comment