Thursday, August 13, 2026

Well... I fished

 I had all intentions to go to Erie this week, even with the weather that moved in. My intended day turned out to be Wednesday, but when I got up and looked at the forecast again I just got that, "I don't want to roll the dice feeling" and decided to stay home, instead of taking my boat for a 6 hour drive..... So I texted my neighbor and asked if I could borrow his kayak to fish my lake, he said yes and off I went.
I was fairly unprepared even though this was a pretty impromptu fishing trip. I didn't kill 'em by any means... however I fished for around 5 hours and caught a handle full of fish. 
Yep they weren't huge but they were fun, and it was pretty relaxing. The fog and clouds stayed until around noonish when I got off the water because of the change from heavy mist to some raindrops. I'm glad I did when I did.
This bad boy was on it's way and got here not much after I screenshot this.
 
I'm hoping to get up to MI next week for some salmon, I got some new lures to try...

No comments: