Left the house at 2:30 am almost got to the state line and realized I forgot my wallet. So I headed back to the house to get my wallet and some drinks. I knew I was going to be "late" so I didn't get all antsy, I just took my time and got there. I got the boat set up and launched and headed across the bay. I went against the wind which was already blowing pretty good, pretty much ensuring that I was only getting one troll.
Pictures never do the angry lake justice when it's bumpy. I couldn't even hold a steady speed... I was anywhere from 1.1-3.1 sog, and that doesn't help me at all.
I did catch one fish and it hit while I was setting my lines. I had the pole in my hands when he hit and when he did, I don't know what happened but he managed to open up my finger and I started bleeding all over the place. I knew as soon as he hit that I had a goo on, he did put up a good fight. I got him in and got him released, I didn't know it then but that would be the last fish I would touch that day. I made a 4-5 mile troll and didn't hit anything but waves, and they were getting worse. Once I got to the point of Catawba Island I decided to pack her in and head for the dock. That in and of itself took me at least and hour to do because of the waves. I had to go pretty slow for 2 reasons 1- to not beat the crap out of me and the boat and 2- stay dry. Anyway I finally made it in and tied off on the dock. I saw a boat that was launching before I did, I asked him how they did. He said not good, and pointed at his windshield. The large bent corner piece of his windshield was blown out 😲. I gave him my condolences and went up to get my truck. There were a couple other fishermen taking out and breaking their boats down that also said they didn't do well, which made me feel a little better.
When I got up and started breaking down the boat, another boat pulled up and I made a boat to boat comparison.......
This is the boat I had....
The guy said he worked at a marina and he was just going to drop it in and run it to the owners dock... Apparently it is only a 340,000$ boat.... I told him all I have to do is sell half my lures, 3 rods and grab 20 bucks and I'll be in the market to get me one. 👍
Anyway, I got the boat buttoned down and headed for the house...



No comments:
Post a Comment