Wednesday, November 26, 2014

PSA and a Midweek report

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
I hope this posting finds my family and friends in good health and wishing for nothing.

PSA-If you have a ceramic (glass) stove top keep tin foil away from the burners. I was going to use one of my outside pans on the stove, in order to protect it I put tin foil down. Sarah thought that it wasn't a good idea because it might catch on fire. I was relatively certain it wouldn't, what I didn't anticipate was what actually happened.
This is after scrubbing and scraping it for 2 hours. It not only left a very visible mark it also pitted the top. So please learn from me and don't do this.... by the way a new top is going to be around $230.

 Last week ended with another Mallard limit and a bonus Woodie on Wed.
On Thursday I left with a mallard hen, I guess after pounding a spot for 3 days they kinda catch on. 
Yesterday I shot ok, good enough for these 2 drakes. I should've had at least one more.
 Now I don't know if you remember but when I went Turkey hunting last spring I had a coon break into my supply tent and eat my rhubarb pie.
Well I've been waiting a long time for this.
PAYBACK
It was finally time for some payback, I went down and did some vermin control last nite. This is just the first phase.I don't know if one of these critters was the one, so I'm not taking any chances. With phase one complete phase two is next. Phase two is just as easy as phase one - go back down and kill more coon.

No comments: