Sunday, November 2, 2014

Previously...

Sorry but this has to be pretty brief, as all post might be this winter. Between working and hunting no time left for anything else.
Monday.. no luck
Tuesday one mallard
Wednesday one hen wigeon.
Thursday.... well Thursday sucked... let me explain.
Started out the day at the landing looking back at the truck and noticing I left my boat cover in the bed. So went back to shore and stowed said boat cover in cab. When I got to the boat I saw a line hanging from a tree branch into the water. I had seen it all week and wondered what it was so I gave it a tug. To my surprise it tugged back, it was an 11 inch catfish. Since it had been there for the last 3 days I thought the best thing to do was to let it go. So I ripped the line from the tree branch and removed it from the fishes mouth and released it.
On with the hunt, I thought I would have very good luck considering I had done my good deed for the day sooo early.
I had 4 geese come in and leave, I called some more and they came back. Bang Bang Bang nothing....
I had a mallard come in and leave, I called some more and she came back. Bang Bang Bang nothing..
Ok good calling bad shooting, time to go, pack up my gear and the pouch I always put my keys is empty. Tear apart boat.... nothing. Get to truck thinking keys might be either in truck or on the ground. No such luck... tear apart boat again... then the truck just for good measure.  
Nothing.
So I did the only thing I could do and that was to call my wife. Have her leave work go home get my spare set of keys and bring them out to me.
 The only thing I can figure is when I was releasing that damn catfish I dropped my keys in the lake without even realizing it.
So how was your week?

No comments: