Tuesday, November 4, 2014

SG-20 Myth or Miracle?

SG-20 for those of you who don't know is an epoxy sealer made for repairing waders, boots and the like. It is sold at Cabela's and a couple other stores, they have some videos on youtube you can watch to see the applications.
My experience with SG-20 is as follows. I have had a rather bothersome leak in the crotch area of my Super mag waders from Cabelas for the past 3 or 4 years. It started as some simple dampness and this year turned into an all out soaking of my man berries in a matter of minutes.
In lieu of buying a 350 dollar pair of waders, I decided to give SG-20 a try. Well I took off the tape on the inside seams of the waders and applied the stuff. It really dries quickly so get it where you need it and don't mess with it, but holy crap does it work great.
I have been dry and warm since I used this stuff, it ain't cheap but it's better than a couple hundred for a new set of waders.
So if you have some boots or waders that are leaking give this stuff a try you won't be disappointed.
I say Miracle.

No comments: