Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Last week and a special mid-week report for this week

Last week was a horrible, horrible week. I didn't see more than 8 ducks any one day. The ducks I was seeing were not workable, they were very stale.
I finally nailed down one duck on Thursday.
 Yesterday was a complete turn around from last week, the ducks are here and plentiful. Thanks early snow storm.
 Now did I mention COLD? Today we had a high of 18 with 20 to 30 mph winds, it was cold. I started going to the lake I was at yesterday until I found it had froze over. I probably don't have to repeat this but my boat will not break any type of ice. So I went with plan B, which is a spot I have permission to hunt on a river. I had 3 mallards by 8 am and finished and was home by 11 am. I'm not snobbish about it, but I did try to shoot strictly green today. I dropped that little susie in the early am shooting light... oops. This would be my first mallard limit of the season.
 Did I mention it was cold?
I had to take the hero pic sitting down cause my waders were frozen that way.
I had to keep clearing the ice in front of me or it would have froze in.
DID I MENTION IT WAS COLD??????

No comments: