Thursday, March 10, 2022

The good the bad and ...... dammit

 Monday Cliff came over to help me move the stove back and install my hood. We mulled over different ways to get the end result and when we decided the best way we got to work. As it turned out I kinda took the supervisory position and let Cliff do what he does best. 
These are the before pics:
This was the problem with the stove being a little too long. What you don't see is that the black pipe in the back is easily 2-3 inches from the wall making the stove stick out.... hence this issue.
So after we got the gas shut off, we pulled the stove out out and disconnected it, we made our first trip to Menards. Next was to run the black pipe, and with the stove out we started to figure out how to do the hood install. After we decided the best way to do the install we made another trip to Menards. After realizing that we didn't get any of the mounting hardware with the hood it was back to Menards. Once we got back to the ๐Ÿ  and going through the rest of the install we came to the realization that we needed to make one last trip to Menards. Well, after our 4th trip to Menards we decided to head to Moe's for a very late lunch, after we ate we got back we hammered out the hood. We even turned the power off for the fist time since I unhooked the hood 4 years ago. I think Cliff was being a little bit of a wuss on that one. When I first told him it was still hot his response was,"it's only 120", yeah but it's still 120. Anyway we got that done and then finished the stove, at the end of the day it actually was easier to move the stove than install the stupid hood. By the way on the hood box there was a pic and time for the hood install, it said 10 minutes. Trust you, me it was easily an hour or so to do that install. But we got 'er done and here's the pics of that:
 
I've always held to the "5 standard", it's not really a project until you have to go to the hardware store 5x's or more. Since we only had to go 4x's it was simply more of an undertaking than a project. 
Anyhoo, here's the dammit part of the story.
























 

 

 

So here's how I fixed the 2 issues, I flipped the cupboard door and switched my silverware drawer to limit the use of the dammit drawer.



















 
This is how it turned out...
Just in case your wondering, that's deer loin cooking under that plate. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘
 
By the way I also made a trip to the laundry mat with my white jacket and layout blind covers. I even cleaned up the garage a little bit too. You know put decoys and stuff away so I could walk in there.
With the house stuff done I'll move onto getting my hunting stuff organized and I still have an install for the boat. 
Plus the usual old line replacement and lure upgrades, lots to get done yet, with the month flying by.

No comments: