Thursday, September 2, 2021

It's been a week on Tuesday... Dove opener on Wednesday

 So, Nissan has had my truck for a week so far and they haven't been able to find the issue. I even went into town on Tuesday to take the tech for a test ride and try to explain to him what is wrong. I am not a high anxiety person but this has me going more grey by the day. My worst fear is that they can't find anything wrong and just send me on my way. On top of that goose opens is another week so I really would need my truck back. 

On the happy side Dove opened on Wednesday and Sean and I were in Huntington on my draw. The field I chose this year was really an exceptional field. There were lots of doves flying even from the start time of noon to the end time of 6. That being said I shot like it was my first day out this year and Sean shot like it was his last. He did super good, even though I had to find at least 6 of his birds, he ended with 14 birds and shells left over. He was really picking his shots and did very few double taps at missed birds. I on the other hand shot like I had an unlimited supply of shells, and that's why I ran out with a half hour to go. All tallied I had 8 (yeah I know) birds for I hate to say this 50 rounds. Wow that's an astonishing 6 rounds per bird more than twice the average of 3. Sean on the other hand ended with 14 birds 1 shy of limit and at least 8 shells left if not more. So he did awesome and I would've been better off throwing the shells at the dove. Oh well that's how it goes sometimes, we both had a really good time. 
I'll have to get some practice in next week.
Again that's not gang signs that's how many dove Sean shot.

No comments: