Thursday, August 26, 2021

Last trip to Erie?

 Yep, it might be for this year, next week the hunting season kicks off with the dove opener. I put in for Huntington this year and got drawn for the first day and the 23rd pick. Then the week after that early goose opens for a week then the Sept. lull which might be more dove or maybe one more fishing trip. 
But I regress... this week I made the weekly pilgrimage to Lake Erie. Again, I put in out of Catawba Island state park, it's were I've been putting in all year. I have wanted to put in more East and try in front of Cedar Point but I just haven't been able to force myself to leave fish to find fish. 
Anyway, I got in around sunrise and fished until the West wind decided to send me home. I think I finally got kicked off around 4 with one fish short of a limit.
That being said I "had" my limit but really screwed up the net job, and I did throw back 1 that measured right at 15", so he went back. As per the last couple weeks I once again caught a perch trolling, unfortunately he took the place of my limit walleye.
why do people fish for perch??? Can't they see the size difference?
On the way home as I was going through Toledo I heard a series of 3 very loud thumps on the bottom of the truck. The only thing that I have found that might be the issue is after that the "engine brake" wasn't working. Nissan calls it the "Intelligent braking system", I brought it to Nissan Tuesday and I hope to get it back by the second week in Sept. 
They haven't called me yet with a diagnosis, but I am pretty sure that no matter what it is it should be under warranty, that would be the best outcome. 
Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: