Thursday, August 19, 2021

Supposed to rain and boat launch follies

 The weather was forecast to rain all week but Monday, so that was going to be the day I go fishing. Since it was suppose to rain all week on Erie I went to Tippy for the day. I got to the launch and prepared the boat to launch, I backed it in and was in the process of tying it off on the dock when I could hear what sounded like a hose running water into the lake. With all the houses near the launch it took me a couple seconds of looking to see the boat plug was still on the back of the boat.... the water flow I was hearing was going IN the boat. So I jumped into action by guiding the boat back on the trailer and cranking it up. Once it was cranked up and pulled out of the water the boat started to empty. 
When it was empty I put the plug in and backed in the boat for the second time. As I was watching and waiting for it to float off the trailer I remembered I forgot to unhook the crank. So for the second time it came out of the water and then for the third time it went back in... this time it stayed there until I was done fishing.
It was a pretty tough day of fishing, I did catch a couple fish but they certainly weren't picture worthy. 
It was fun and quite humbling all I could do is laugh. 
Hopefully next week will be better.

No comments: