Thursday, August 5, 2021

It's "that" pole

 Hit Erie on Tuesday expecting a short troll for a full limit, then it "would've been" off to do some casting for smallies. After the first hour I had finally boated my first walleye, it was a stretcher so I thought to myself, there would be some good Karma here to release the first one. Since it was under my 16" self imposed minimum size I let him go.... he had to of told everyone. I had to troll all day to boat the 3 fish that I kept, 2 just under 16 and one at the 23" mark. Once I had that kicker fish in the boat I trolled for another couple hours and decided to pack 'er in. 
By the way that spinning rod I was talking about in in the pic. It seems like every time I bring that pole with the intent to do some casting after an easy limit, that easy limit doesn't happen. I think it's the last time that rod goes to Erie.
By the way I really hate cooler pics but I was too pooped to get the board out, especially for 3 fish.
I just wish I could've run 3 more rods, that usually increases your catch rate. It's certainly alot easier to nail down color and depth patterns with more rods.
 

No comments: