Thursday, July 22, 2021

Like Corey would say, "It's like take a kid fishing day."

 Ron and I headed over to Erie on Monday, this was suppose to be the better of the days. When we got there I wasn't impressed, when it was suppose to be flat it was in fact pretty bumpy. We dropped the boat in and made the long wet haul NW against the waves. Once we got to were I thought we would get a long troll with the waves we turned and started setting poles. The night prior when I texted Ron the start time, he asked what he should bring, I responded nothing but a lunch. Well, since he fishes Erie quite a bit he said he would like to bring his big Erie tackle box, which he did. That being said I told him the 3 rods on his side of the boat are his to run. After we had only been running for a half hour or so Ron reeled in his first walleye of the day, and promptly lodged a treble into his pants. Needing the lure in the water I cut off the hooks and put a new hook on the lure. Well long story short after 5 hours, 2-three pole tangles, one with a fish on the line, which we did land, and a pretty heavy sort of shorts. We finally landed a really nice one to make our limit of 12 fish, most of our limit sadly was made up of "stretchers". Pretty good ending for a pretty nasty beginning.

No comments: