Thursday, July 1, 2021

Rain, $$ and a rock bass

 Since it was supposed to rain early on Monday and Tuesday I went into work on Monday and then did my house stuff on Tuesday. The rain was going to roll in Wednesday afternoon or so. So I decided to get up early and head out for a little fishing trip. When I went out to turn the truck around the door locks wouldn't work. Hmmm?? that's not good, so I got the key out and opened the door and the interior lights were really dim. None of my dash was lit up and the start button wasn't even lit....crap dead battery. So I got the battery charger hooked up put the hood down a little and headed inside as it charged. I went out to check it a little later to find it was fully charged but only 6V were showing. Tried to start it... no good then the rain started, it poured then stopped then poured some more while the battery was charging again. After a couple hours I had to face the obvious, time for a new battery. 200 dollars and a half hour later I had the truck started and turned around ready to go fishing. After a quick check of the weather I thought it would be ok to go after 3pm. I finally got to the lake at 3:46, fished for a couple hours, caught one rock bass and called it a successful day fishing.

Sure hope next week is a little better.

No comments: