Thursday, July 8, 2021

4th trip to Erie

 This trip was pretty crazy, I left the house Monday at 4am on 20E to Erie. On the way over there I only passed 3 or 4 vehicles, that includes big rigs. Now, on a normal day this road even at that time, is really busy. Even Toledo let me pass with little to no traffic I just kept thinking, "I'm the last man on earth". I stopped at the bait shop for a couple lures, and there were 5 cars there, the most I've seen the whole trip. When I got up to pay I asked what was going on? Where is everyone? Well come to find out the 4th was observed on the 5th. Well holy crap if I knew that I would've waited 'til Tuesday to go fishing.
Well there was no turning back now, so on to the lake. 
When I got there it too was deserted for the most part, there were a couple of us putting in but nothing terrible. I did some research before leaving the house and found out approximately where the fish were and what they were hitting on. So I started up the kicker started my troll and it wasn't until the afternoon when the masses showed up. And man did they show up, I was in 2-3 footers and it wasn't from the wind. There were boats everywhere and not just small boats but really big boats, man is there alot of money on that lake. The walleye's I was catching weren't the 24's I was used to and I even had quite a few shorts, but I finally made a limit out of the 16 inchers and a jumbo perch that I had been dragging for I don't know how long when I cleared my lines.
It is a pretty nice mess of fish and I was going to have a meal Monday but had to get to bed to work on Tues. I was going to have a meal yesterday but then is started to rain. So I was going to have a meal today and it started to rain. The only fresh fish I have had this year I had when I was on vacation, I really need to get this worked out. There's nothing better than a meal of fresh fish after a hard day fishing.

No comments: