Thursday, July 30, 2020

Wheels fell off

One of the landowners that allows me to goose hunt enjoys fishing on Erie for walleye. So, to thank him for allowing me to hunt, I had him out on a fishing trip Tuesday. Keep in mind his has been the first number I've called all year just trying to get him out, he is very busy. Finally, he said he could make it Tues. morning so I checked the weather Monday night and it was supposed to be a decent day. Tuesday morning we got to the launch right on time and I noticed it was a little bumpy, which I knew about. The winds were slated to slack mid-morning and the water was going to get almost slick. So we pressed on and got set up East of South Bass Island to start. That sheltered us from the brunt of the wind and waves. After a couple hours, we noticed the wind was dying a little, and with the slight change in direction, the waves were down some. So we pulled lines and ran West to where I caught 'em last week. We made one longggg troll to the SE the whole way pulling white bass and shorts. Long sad story short we didn't boat one keeper and I held my buddy hostage until we passed the 10-12 hour mark on the water. When we finally did pull lines the waves were an easy 2' with some stand up 3's thrown in for good measure. We had a very wet slow ride back to the launch. So yeah, the thank you I wanted to give him turned into a long day on the water with a 4-hour truck ride and a free shower thrown in for good measure, with not even one walleye to show for it. 😡
I hope he still lets me hunt this year.
So without a fish to show for Tuesday, I decided to hit an area lake this week just to try and put some pics up.
still catching short walleye
I missed a pike that was at least 2-3 inches bigger 😮
 Not a super week for me, but I had some fun and nothing broke. I'll try again next week and hopefully will have some better pics to share.

No comments: