Thursday, August 6, 2020

Recharged the batteries

Ended up going to Wawasee this week to do some casting for bass for 2 reasons. One was, after the beat down last week on Erie, I was a little gun shy to head East this week. The second is that I wanted to stay kinda close to home because I had some goose to get ready to marinade for Thursday grill day. Anyway, I actually did pretty well yesterday, I caught quite a few bass. I didn't get into any big'ens but boy are they chunky on that lake. I caught most of my fish on a strike king strobe jerkbait, which is the way I prefer to catch them. I didn't fish all day but I did stay 'til around 3p. After that the lake beaters started coming out in force, that was my cue to head for the house.
Oh, yeah how 'bout some pics?
 All of the bass were pretty much cookie cutters, but man were they chunky.
Well, after this week I think I got the casting bug out of my system for a while. Next week weather willing I just might venture East again... What about West you ask? Well, I picked up a new set of downriggers for the boat a couple weeks ago and I'm going to tackle that project in March. I could use my old set but I kinda want to wait 'til I get the Cannons mounted. So the next time I'll get on Lake Michigan will be April for those spring Coho.

No comments: