Thursday, August 27, 2020

Last outing on Erie for 2020

Holbert and I hit the lake again yesterday morning hoping for a better outcome than last week. I figured we would be ok with the weather and if we could get out to my spot, we should be ridin' home smelling of fish slime. We got the boat launched and all looked good for the first couple hours.
I can't keep it?
We had one keeper eye and caught some shorts and were just starting to put a game plan together when....  The bad luck that just kinda followed us last week reared its ugly head. The favorable SE winds were replaced with NE and along with that the need to get into the safety of South Bass Island. It took us a while and it was a slow and wet ride, but we made it in. We trolled the lee side of the island for a couple hours until the wind had a favorable switch, so we pulled lines and headed back out to where we started. Once we got out we started putting fish in the boat, so we trolled the same lines to try and tag out. I think it was around 6:45pm when we finally pulled lines, we were 5 walleye short of limits. We had a good time on the lake and were able to put some fish in the boat. For the last trip this year it could've been better but on the other hand, it could've been alot worse.
 I caught that perch on a Bandit fruit dots (you can google that) and Holbert wanted it for... well I really don't know why, but I filleted it and sent it home with him.
So to wrap it up on Erie this year; I had an outstanding year and hopefully next year will be just as bountiful.

No comments: