Thursday, July 2, 2020

It's the bat signal

Yep, last week I put up the bat signal for all to see and I got a couple of responses.
A couple from my brother
                    yeah, that guy.... I tried to get a good pic but that's the best I could do... sorry.
Then I got a couple from my other "brother" one of which I went with.
I ordered my part Sunday morning around 12:30 and now it's 5am on Wednesday and it should be arriving today. Funny thing is I still haven't received one call from Dry Dock Marina,😡 that's the Marina I ordered the part from, almost 2 weeks ago. Can't wait to write the review for them....👎
Anywho I'm going to hit Crooked lake today for a couple hours to try and stretch a line. Hopefully, I'll have a couple good pics to put up.... just waiting for the sun to get this party started.
Made it out at daylight and everything ran great (minus the big motor) and I even caught some fish.
first bass on topwater
caught a couple smallies this is the first
not exactly an Erie walleye
caught this guy on a chunk of plastic shaped like a crayfish on bottom
 I stayed out until right around 11:30 had a really good time, once it got hot and the wake boats came out I got off the water. It only took an hour or so once I got home to get my exhaust plate from Crowley Marine 👏(big shout out). So I gathered my gaskets and off to fix my motor I went. It really didn't take too long to get the motor back together, and after I was done I went over to Loon Lake and ran it for a couple minutes. Bad news small leak on top of motor where the seal had broke in the first place. Since I was out already I ran it over to Angola Motorsports (another big shout out) and relayed what had happened. He suggested I take it apart and use Bellows adhesive and then put it back together and let it cure for 24 hours. I let him know it will sit all weekend, and after explaining why I got the boat home took it back apart, cleaned it up, and now am going to get the Bellows when marina's open.

After all that I should have the motor back together today and it should be ready by Monday, so I should be off to either Erie or Michigan next week.🙏

No comments: