Thursday, July 9, 2020

Motor's up and running

Since I fixed the motor last Thursday I continued with the quest for Erie walleye's this week. It was a scorcher on the lake with little to no breeze the first half of the day. I know the second half of the day had some wind because I was still there.... It took me forever to land my first walleye, which happened after noon. Previous to landing my first walleye, I had lost a +-20"er, let me explain. When I forgot my net a couple trips ago I have found it advantageous to boat swing my walleye. Well, when I got the first walleye to the boat I realized it was a decent fish and while I was contemplating whether or not to use the net, he shook off right at the boat.... oops.
Hopefully, that won't happen again, he was a really nice walleye too.
Anywho, I was in fish all day just not always the correct flavor....
catfish on a bandit
whitebass on a Smithwick with an incredibly fat belly
of course, caught 4-5 goo's (not the actual pic of any goo's caught)
the outcome when I found them
 Funny story I was having a pretty rough day when I noticed a congregation of boats about a mile away. I tried to get a pic but it didn't turn out. After trolling the morning away I pointed the nose of the boat toward the pack and trolled out to see what was going on. Every time I fish my way to the fleet I think of my Mom saying, "let's go where all the boats are, there's gotta be fish there". Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but I think of her every time. Well, on my way to the fleet I started hitting my fish, I even had on my first triple, 2 of which I landed. The sad part was after I had landed my limit fish I was reeling in a fish I had on my other rod and not only was it a walleye it was a 20" walleye.
This guy got to go back 
So after a long funfilled fish catching day, I packed it in and headed for the house. By the way, I had my top up on the boat all day and still got too much sun on my melon. I will definitely wear a hat next time.


bonus-
Tuesday night I called a buddy and we headed to MI with an empty trailer and came back with this.👇
2000 Kawasucky Praire 300 automatic.
Now you know what I spent my covid money on.
This should lighten the load in the 2021 duck/goose season.

No comments: