Thursday, December 26, 2019

All I wanted for Christmas was....

Cold, cloudy weather is all I really needed from this past week. What I got was 50-degrees and sunny for Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday was soooo foggy you couldn't see your hand in front of your face.
So, Monday I did try an evening hunt, I got set up by 2:38 pm and slept until 4 which was ok because the ducks didn't come out until 5 mins after shooting time ended. So I picked up and headed home without firing even a shot, on my Christmas duck season opening day. Tuesday was spent driving around to see if any of the lakes in the area were open so I could get in a water hunt on Wednesday. With nothing open, I called my buddy in town to see if the river was frozen up or open above the dam. Jerry said the river was not frozen so on Wed. morning I packed the truck, hooked up the boat and headed to town. When I got to the river much to my disappointment it was frozen, all I could do was turn around and head home.
So, I'm sad to announce that my Christmas duck season has come and gone without even firing a shot. I guess if I had good news it would have to be this- remember last week when I said I didn't get my second hunt on video? Well, when I hooked up my camera Shazam there it was, so without further delay here it is.
It really doesn't make up for not hunting all week but, I am glad I got this video.
Anyway, I hope you all had a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year. Speaking of New Year it looks like the hunting will be able to continue with the onset of some cooler cloudy weather.
And before I sign off today I have a question to pose.
My Mom sent me this.... this elf that she made. Let me ask you does this elf look evil or is just me?
gotta admit I didn't sleep too good last nite.

No comments: