Thursday, December 5, 2019

Well nothing broke...

I hunted Monday am, Tuesday am/pm, Wednesday am, and Thursday am. With only one goose to show for it. I know I always say," you need some bad days hunting to really appreciate the good ones", but I didn't think I would be getting them all out of the way in the same week.
This was Monday
The geese just didn't want to commit, we could get'em over and call 'em back but they just wouldn't do it right. The goose I got I think Jake was just ticked and took it out on that goose. Like I stated in the video Jake and I think there is someone hunting the area with a big spread and alot of blinds just shooting into every flock. Geese aren't smart but when the boogie man shows himself enough they get a little more cautious.
Anyway, Tuesday I deer hunted am and pm. I saw a buck and 2 does in the morning and nothing in the evening. They all were moving pretty good and were way out of range of my crossbow.
Wednesday Sean and I practiced goose hunting, spread setup and takedown. We went back to the field we hunted on Monday with a smaller spread and fewer blinds to see if that would work. We weren't able to really judge if it did or not... there were just no geese wanting to get within a mile of us, minus one, who didn't even give us half a chance. So just one more strikeout for the week.
 Thursday I went to the magic 5 to try and shoot another deer. I had some does come in but nothing good happened. Next week muzzleloader comes in and I really hope they come back to say hi.
Speaking of next week
If this were next week there would be a doe attached to this hair. Apparently, I misjudged the shot, it was a little further than I thought. So instead of the double lung that should've happened, all I did was give her a hair cut. No blood only hair and another broadhead needing new blades.
Hope she tries that next week....

No comments: