Thursday, October 31, 2019

The Geese are here

Monday I went with Jake to his pond we shot a mallard and a wood duck. What we lacked in action we made up for in knowledge. I know it's hard to believe, but we gained alot of knowledge like..... where we were going to hunt Tuesday. We watched and heard a shload of geese just a couple fields down from where we were hunting and knew nobody was hunting them. So we got in early with Andy and Sean and this happened.
Limits and I'm the only one smiling?
Yep, we had a great day, shot limits and were done by 9:15 AM. I did get some video but I don't have it put together yet.... Oh, what the heck here's a preview.
 Wednesday we added one more to our crew and hit a field 1 mile straight behind us. We didn't shoot limits but we did go out in the rain and get everything cold and wet. Right now in my house and garage I have 5 fans drying out my gear, we did shoot birds I think we were 6 birds shy of a limit. There were just as many geese, but after the butt whoopin', we gave 'em the day before they were a little warier. We did have a couple ducks in the spread early Jake and I both shot wood ducks. No pic today... did I mention it  RAINED  all day?
Today... well, today is Jeff day as is every Thursday, and I would've gone with Jake back to shoot more geese at the first field we were at, but he has to stay home with the young ens today. I would go turkey hunting but it is still raining a torrential downpour out there and we all know how much I love hunting in the rain. So I stay at home today get ready for work tomorrow and prepare for next week's adventure.

No comments: