Thursday, October 17, 2019

Overtime

Last week I was talking to my buddy who lets me hunt his property and he asked me for some summer sausage when I get my deer back. Now, normally that wouldn't be a big deal except I didn't have summer sausage made when I dropped off my deer at the processor. I don't have a problem trading meat for the opportunity to hunt but I kinda gotta know. So this week was spent trying to tag a doe before waterfowl season starts, for me that's on Mon. Turkey shotgun season even opened this week and in my quest for another deer, I have been hunting down the hill from where I shot my deer at. Well, unfortunately, that's where the turkey's roost and on Tues. I busted out 9 birds in the early am. I stayed all day hoping they would make their way back to me so I could get a shot, archery season has been open since the first. Well, with no tags getting filled and with duck starting next week I needed to get the garage put together so I can get the boat in and out. So I had to finish this.....

























 Yep, finally got the carpet and hatches put on the front of the boat. I had to finish this to get it back in the boat and off the sawhorses that were in front of the duck boat. Now with the front and back done all I have to do is winterize it next week and I can forget about it 'til next year.
Today being Jeff day I was going to go hunting this morning but couldn't get out of bed so I stayed home got ready for work did some chores and completed a couple more projects I had been putting off.
put a lid on this bag for a dozen new floaters.


satchel for my silhouettes


















Now I'm ready ....
I think starting Mon. it'll be duck in the morning and turkey in the evening until I tag out, then deer in the evening until I tag out again.
Or wait til muzzleloader season....
gotta keep the landowner happy.

No comments: