Thursday, October 24, 2019

Deer, Turkey, Ducks, and Geese

Monday started off with an invite to Jake's pond for a duck and goose shoot. I would've had a pic but the rain came in sending everyone scrambling to get packed up. We were also trying to get me to my dental appt on time.... didn't happen. So between Jake, Any, and myself, we ended up with 4 Mallards and 2 Geese. We would've done better but while I was out retrieving 2 ducks the mondo wad of ducks wanted in, then a dozen geese were looking to land. The ducks didn't like the whole look if it and never even got close, the geese were fixin' to land then noticed the dead duck belly up on the water and they slid off. Oh well, seed for the next shoot.
Tuesday I went to Big Turkey in the morning albeit a little late and shot 1 more mallard to add to the pot.
she did it right circled once then came right in, one shot one kill
Tuesday evening my minion and I went to the magical 5 acres to try and get him a deer. We did have one come through but his name is Larry and he's not even 1 yet so he got a pass. Oh, by the way, this is why you should always practice your crossbow in front of a larger immovable object.
Missed it byyyy that much
 Wednesday I was going to do the same thing as Tuesday but my deer was done, so I got to sleep in and get some stuff done around the house and then head to the processer to pick up my deer. Then we went deer hunting/turkey hunting, yes turkey season is open but I have yet to bag my bird, fortunately, bow season stays in a llllooonnnggg time.
That being said I went turkey hunting this morning also, and since I knew there weren't any birds at the magical 5, Jake had given me the OK to hunt his prop while he was away. So, that's what I did, I went this morning and unfortunately didn't see a bird I did, however, spook a couple bucks which one of them is really lucky I'm tagged out and wasn't greenlighted for deer anyway. He came back 3 X's to try and see what he smelled, it's very true that curiosity could'a killed the deer. I only hunted 'til Bob and Tom got done at 10am then I packed up my gear and headed to the house. Once I got here I had to make my sammiches for the week and also cook my suppers for the week since Jake and Andy were nice enough to give me the ducks and geese from Monday, I made duck in bacon and goose kabobs minus without the kabobs. MMMmmmmmm.
I normally don't take pics of my food but.....
Left to Right: deer heart stroganoff, duck'nbacon, goose kabob's without the kabob
I'm pretty much in a meat coma right now, might have a salad a little later... well I'll give it a thought anyway.
Take care for now.

No comments: