Thursday, November 7, 2019

Ducks and Deer

I would normally be asleep by this time, with it being Jeff day and all. However, I have had a million things to take care of today and have left the house 3x's today, I KNOW 3X'S. After I took my shower and was ready to go to bed I saw that I haven't done laundry yet so with that here I am. I was going to wait 'til next week to write this but since I found some time....
 All week was the same thing Ducks in the morning and Deer in the afternoon and all but Wed were the same.
Monday: Was a treat, we still have standing corn and there is nothing that is more fun than to shoot out of the corn. I saw many geese and got a duck.
40 geese could've landed for a shot. 2 clucks and a moan and they were lookin' for a place to land 
 I did shoot another but I couldn't retrieve him, try as I might. I hope the corn stands 'til goose season comes back in.
When I got home I went deer hunting at the magic 5 and had a small doe within' 5 ft of me. She knew something was wrong just couldn't figure out what it was.
Tuesday headed to Big Turkey Lake and shot a duck.
I did shoot a drake but he fell in the glare of the sun and I lost him after an exhausting search. Then that evening went back to the magic 5 and watched a spike meander around for 15 minutes.
Wednesday was the only day I didn't shoot a duck, much to my dismay. However, I could've shot a nice 8 while deer hunting that night at the magic 5.
Well, laundry should be about done and I'm tired, stay safe and take care 'til next week.

No comments: