Thursday, November 21, 2019

Back to the grind

 With the end of firearms season next week I'll be doing the 2 a day's (ducks in the am and deer in the pm) until I get another deer to please my landowner (summer sausage), and all the little whisper'ers in his ear. But that starts next week, this week was duck only and it seems all the ducks that were in the area bailed for now. I did get out Monday to Big Turkey and pulled one mallard from the sky.
Like I said it just seems like since the weather warmed the ducks went back North, just like I like when they get pushed out on a cold front around here. Then on Tuesday I was at BT again and let another Suzie ride in the truck.
With these two ducks, in the past two weeks, I have nailed down a limit of mallards. I sure hope the rest of the season runs a little better. I don't need a limit every time but it sure would be nice to clean 2 or Lord forbid 3 birds in an outing. Oh, well everyone has dreams I guess. Along with the 2 a days next week, goose opens up again, and I cannot wait for that to happen. There are a ton of geese in the area right now. I don't know if they'll stay in the area after this weekend but they sure are here now.

No comments: