Thursday, September 5, 2019

HUNTING SEASON IS HERE

Yes, the 2019-2020 has officially opened, I spent opening Dove on a mix of private and public properties. I will say I did better on public but it was awesome to be able to shoot lead again. On all public properties, you can only shoot steel, which sometimes isn't lethal. Nuff 'bout that, I shot ok and brought down 10 doves over the course of 2 days. 2 on Tuesday
 I only shot two because of all the usual excuses: shot poorly, the wrong spot, started late, forgot my chair, tired......
Wednesday same as Tuesday, I started on private and transitioned to public. I not only shot better but I was in the same field and was where the dove wanted to be. In waterfowl lingo, I was on the X. I didn't get a pic of the 8 doves I shot on Wednesday because it was pretty late and I went to Jakes to make poppers out of them and deep fry'em. While I was cleaning them I was on my second to last bird and low and behold it was banded...
 This is the info...
 Dear Jeff Kimber,
Thank you for reporting Band #: 1843-32069
A confirmation email has been sent to you.
See below for the banding information for the reported bird:
Date08/01/2016
SpeciesMourning Dove
AgeHATCHED IN 2015 OR EARLIER
SexMALE
LocationNEAR MONGO, LAGRANGE COUNTY, INDIANA, USA
 This is my second dove band, they are rarer than waterfowl bands.
Super awesome start... the poppers were also really good.

No comments: