Thursday, August 29, 2019

Not long now...

The days are getting shorter, the nights are getting cooler and most (sane) people are making plans to put the boat in storage for the year. I'm one of those guys, you know the guy that just waits on the leaves to change so I can switch a fishing pole for a gun or bow. I should still have a couple fishing trips in me yet, but I'm sure they will be separated by HUNTING.
OK so with that put out there, I ended up at Tippy lake this week. It was a pretty rough out there, really windy and pretty hard to find fish. This is the time of year that I hate fishing the smaller lakes. The lake really shows it's wear this time of year, with all the tore up it's really rare to not bring in seaweed with every cast. Anyway enough complaining, I didn't get skunked but it was close. I went to Tippy for the white bass and couldn't even hook a small one. I think someone's telling me I need to start hunting. I did catch a bass almost worthy of a picture and only got one to prove I was fishing this week.
 It really wasn't a cold day but with the wind, I kept this light hoodie on until I loaded the boat.
Next week hopefully pics of some doves, I might even take a pic of the cooked side of dove hunting. Mmmmmm, Wish me luck...

No comments: