Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Do I have another trip in me???

So, I went to Erie yesterday rollin' solo, none of my bros could get free. Before I went I told myself that I had 2 trips to Erie left in me before I winterized the boat and focused on shootin' stuff in the face. Well, I fished hard all day and only ground out 2 walleye

 and one 18" largemouth
 I just checked my path on google pro and it said I traveled 23 miles trolling yesterday, it seems huge but I believe it. I fished for 16 hours, ending at sunset, it was a long hot day to bring home my 2 fish. It was pretty bumpy out all day the wind pretty much had its way with me. The lake was pretty tore up, with eelgrass floating all over and on top of that, the spiny water fleas were in pretty thick.
 Image result for spiny water flea
 With those 3 things going against me I should be happy I boated the couple I did. Seems like I was cleaning lures and line every 15 mins to a half-hour, then staying on course was a bear...
That being said next week is the opening goose, needless to say, I won't even be thinking about fishing....
I might be up for a trip the week after, but I'm saying now if I can't fill the passenger seat I'm going to be done for the year....


-maybe-

No comments: