Thursday, July 11, 2019

Great bad day on Lake Michigan

Got up at oh my gosh it's early, hooked up the boat and headed west. Finally got to New Buffalo a little after sun-up, launched the boat and raced to 100 FOW.
 Stopped around 90 FOW deployed the spread and waited.... and waited.... and waited. I had something to eat, put up the Bimini and zipped in the shade making device....
It's amazing how much cooler I was with this mesh tarp on the front, I'm going to make one for the side also.
and waited.... fish on.... fish off. Pack up go home, long day on the water only to miss the only fish that hit. However, the Bimini worked great, the new kicker 5 gal tank worked great and when I loaded the boat the new roller I put in the front of the trailer in place of the old pos rubber V worked awesome. So it was a very relaxing day, after 10 or so, that's when it laid down.
 I loaded up and headed home sometime after 2pm, you can't say I didn't try.
Next week frog bass.

No comments: