Thursday, July 18, 2019

Wawasee and Cedar Lake

First things first, WOW is it hot out. I started the day at Wawasee which is the largest natural lake in IN. This is what I found when I got to the launch.
The sign says "no parking"

 I again went looking to get into some white bass with no success, don't worry though I haven't given up yet. I still haven't caught a white bass this year, I am desperately trying to change that stat.
Anywho, back to the story, I started at Wawasee in the am, I caught bass on topwater, jerkbaits and draggin' plastic on the bottom. All in all, I had a pretty good day. I got some pics of my fish but the biggest one of the day I neglected to get a pic of. I caught it right in the morning on topwater and promptly released it expecting to catch it's equal or better... that didn't happen.
caught quite a few smallies this size
Someone tied a bad knot, I clipped the line as far down inside the mouth as I could
 I don't know how I ever got along without that Bimini on all my boats, man is it nice.

Well once the boats really started hitting the water and buzzing around I loaded the boat and went over to Cedar Lake. I didn't really go there to fish, the bass are pretty undersized, I went there to check the lake for duck hunting. As it turns out this will be a pretty good duck lake, the bottom is nice sand, easy to walk on. Back to the fishing, I was frogging around the lake when I tossed up into a stand of reeds. I had a blow up on my frog so I tried to reel in and toss back in the stand when I got stuck. Being the idiot I am instead of pointing the rod at the lure and pulling it back to me, I brought the tip of the rod up and pulled back on it... cleanly snapping my frog rod in two.
Dammit !??!! as soon as I got home I ordered 2 more rods just like this one.



That effectively ended my day of fishing, I motored back to the boat launch, loaded the boat and headed home.
I was thinking about Erie next week but it is all dependant on the weather. I'll get on some water somewhere.

No comments: