Thursday, January 10, 2019

try try try again...

I started off the week on a good note, went to one of my buddies properties on one of the windiest days of the week. We each walked away with a goose, our shell to goose ratio was also good. We had 2 singles come in so he shot the first one, one shot one kill. Then I was up, we worked this goose for what seemed like forever and finally, I got the call to take him. Well, my gun got caught up on my coat for a split second in the meantime I swear this gooses toes were about to touch the water. I knew Jake was itching to shoot this goose too so I knew I had to get my shot off before him. Fortunately, I was able to free my gun and drop my goose before he did.
I can sum up the next 3 days, yes I said 3 days in a couple of words. They were there, we set up there, they didn't come back there, no shots fired there. However, I will say we are becoming quite proficient at putting out and picking up decoys.

By the way, I do realize my bird to pic ratio is much more skewed this year and I will really work on that.

No comments: