Thursday, January 3, 2019

Happy New Year....

I hope this post finds you all well and happy at the start of the New Year. All I have to say is, "at least I have a job and my health" because goose hunting has been less than impressive. Monday which was the last day of 2018 goose season it rained all day, so I stayed home and got some work done around the house. Tuesday the first day of the 2019 season and Wednesday the second I went both days to a local lake to try my luck. The lake had a couple hundred geese roosting on it the first day and half that the second. They did the same thing both days- they got up around 9:30 and flew East to West in front of me but out of shotgun range. I waited 'til noon-thirty for their return but it seems they knew I was there and didn't come back 'til after I had left. With the weather being as stale as the birds I'm really hoping beyond hope for a winter push of new birds. Not next week which is also supposed to be another mild one, but maybe sometime before season ends in February. : (
Well, gotta go to work for the next couple days to pay for this extravagant lifestyle I lead. All the while daydreaming about all the geese I want to shoot next week.... #limits

No comments: