Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Called in Ed

Monday was suppose to be cold and sunny since the geese would more than likely sit all day I decided to dust off the FoxPro and try for a coyote. I left the house and headed south to pick up my Minion around 6:30 and finally got to the Salimonie a little after sunrise. We got out and started the day, we had plenty of sign at all my spots but at midday had yet to see a dog. We stopped at a spot that was new to me but looked coyoteee so we stopped and gave 'er a shot. After the 20 minute mark, I shut down the call and headed over to the trail to meet Sean. We walked up to the truck and started discussing the exceptional calling spot we just came from. We had all our gear loaded in the truck and I was just about to get in when I saw a coyote, albeit a very mangey coyote come out of the woods we just called. He was within 10 yards of us and when he saw us he just headed down the road. He wasn't in a hurry he just kinda sauntered away without a care in the world, and he really didn't, with 2 houses close to where we were there would be no shooting. We stayed at it pretty hard the rest of the day to no avail.
We headed home before sunset only because I wanted to see if I had geese in the fort.
Since I didn't have any geese and it was supposed to and did rain almost all of yesterday and all of today. I just took a couple days off to recoup.
We'll hit'er hard next week after the rain passes and the cooler weather comes back.
P.S.- Ed was the crazy hyena from The Lion King.

No comments: