Thursday, November 1, 2018

The word for the week is .... RAIN

 Side note: I looked out my back window on Saturday and saw this fox hangin' out by my shed.

 Let's start on Monday, the only geese I had were the same geese we hunted last week. So back to the same field, while I was setting the last decoys the rain started. It only lasted for a couple minutes but it got everything soaked. So I got up and wiped off all the decoys, well, when the sun came up the clouds parted and I had a field full of bright shiny decoys. Just then the roost pond cleared out and the game was on.... they saw the decoys and the game was off.
Since the sun was out now and I wanted to dry everything out I got up and dried off all the decoys again. Then I climbed back in my blind for the long haul.
I stayed until sunset when I had to stop, so I unloaded and started to pack up, 2 minutes after my time was up this happened.
Tuesday I forgot to set my alarm so I got up late, decided to go out and scout some lakes.
Wednesday and today started with rain, yesterday it stopped around 10am and don't really care when it's going to stop today since my hunting week is already all but over.
On the upside, I did get the boat worked on yesterday, and I am going to pick up a piece to fit in the front. After that cutting the deck for the front and getting carpet for it. 

No comments: