Thursday, November 8, 2018

Wind and rain

Monday I went to a local lake albeit a little late (as per my norm anymore) as I was setting up I had a dozen or so mallards fly over and I thought, this should be a good day. Well, the best part of Monday is I didn't get rained on. I ended up heading home without anything to dirty a knife, which actually can be considered a good thing?
Tuesday woke me with some vicious wind and the distinct sound of rain on the roof. So I rolled over and got some more sleep.
Wednesday I made the hour drive to one of my newest little gems. When I got there, there was already a truck at the landing, which didn't really bother me because there always seems to be a vehicle there. Anyway I unloaded the boat and headed across the lake to set up, yes once again a little late. I hunted until 1:00 then packed it in, the person that had the red truck had already packed it in and headed home without firing a shot. My day was a little better.
Thursday I spent a couple hours the morning at the lake 4 minutes from my house. I missed a goose but was able to get my first wood duck this year.
Maybe this will get the ball rolling to a great year. It's been a pretty slow start and I haven't even shot a limit yet, but I think it's lookin' up.
Gotta work a couple days then back at 'er next week.

No comments: