Thursday, August 9, 2018

Three lake day

Threatening rain and thunderstorms has almost become a weekly occurrence anymore. I really wanted to get out to Erie this week and yet again I couldn't because of the weather, and next week looks like more of the same.
Anywho, I started at Wawasee this week a little after sunrise. I had a really good time fishing this lake. In the past, I only fished it once a year and I think I'm going to up that for next year just because of the amount of fish, the variety, and fishing methods employed. All that means is I caught fish in a variety of ways and had a good time.
  just a side note here.... even though these bass look small it's only because of the "selfie-style"
way I'm taking their pics.... they're all actually 5#er's except the crappie he's only 2 1/2. Once I get the decking done on the boat I will have a permanent place for my camera and will be getting better pics and video.
 Here's the pics....
 This crappie almost got to ride in the cooler on the way home.  mmmm crappie
After a couple hours here, 4 I think, I loaded up and headed for Pretty Lake. Up until I got to Pretty the storms held off but only an hour or so into fishing I could hear the boomers. So I did the responsible thing and loaded up without even catching a fish.
I headed for a lake I wanted to scout for duck hunting. This lake was only a 10 min drive from the last and I had enough time to get some stuff out of the boat and throw it in the truck before the storm let loose. It rained hard, and the wind was rocking the truck, so I ate my sammich in the cab and waited for it to pass. Once it passed it was game on for this lake. I dropped the boat in and started fish/scouting, it looked like a decent duck lake with plenty of hides and lots of lilies and reeds.
I even caught some fish froggin' the pads....
 Well, that was my day, I went out caught some fish and made it home without breaking anything. That in and of itself is a win for team Jeff.
Not sure where next week will find me but I'll be on a lake somewhere, wish me luck.

No comments: